Introduction to IPR
- Basics of IPR: Understand the fundamental concepts and principles of Intellectual Property Rights, including copyrights, trademarks, patents, and trade secrets.
- Different Types of IPR: Explore the various types of IPR, their characteristics, and the differences between them. Learn about real-world examples, terms, and fees associated with filing for each type.
- Importance of IPR for Academicians/Researchers: Recognize the significance of IPR in the academic and research domains. Discover how protecting intellectual assets through IPR can benefit researchers, institutions, and society as a whole.
- What is a Patentability Search: Learn the purpose and significance of conducting a patentability search. Understand how it helps determine the novelty and non-obviousness of an invention.
- Performing a Search: Gain practical insights into conducting a patentability search, including the process, strategies, and best practices. Explore different search techniques and approaches.
- Introduction to Free Databases: Discover various free patent databases and learn how to effectively utilize them to conduct patentability searches.
- Formulating Keywords: Develop the skills to create effective keyword combinations and search strings to optimize your patentability search results.
- Preparing a Report: Understand the key components of a patentability search report. Learn how to analyze and present search results in a clear and concise manner.
- Introduction to Patent Drafting: Familiarize yourself with the structure and essential sections of a patent application. Understand the importance of clear and comprehensive patent drafting.
- Basic Requirements as per Patent Act: Learn the legal requirements and guidelines prescribed by the Patent Act for drafting patent applications. Gain insights into patent application formalities and formatting.
- Preparing Claims (Basics): Master the art of drafting patent claims. Understand the different types of claims, their structure, and language. Learn to define the scope of protection for your invention.
- Converting Research Work into Patent: Discover strategies to effectively translate research work into a patent application. Learn how to identify patentable aspects of your research and present them in a patent-friendly manner.
By the end of this course, participants will have a strong foundation in IPR and the necessary skills to conduct patentability searches and draft patent applications. Whether you are an academician, researcher, or aspiring patent professional, this course will equip you with valuable knowledge and practical insights to navigate the world of intellectual property and protect your innovative ideas.